What is it?
Journey Photo Blog (JPBlog) is a small web-album generator
that is specifically tailored for trips and journeys. I wrote it for my personal needs and for my own travels, because I was dissatisfied with the existing generators.
Its main features are:
- Crawler friendly - the URLs are simple and contain no parameters (see the live demo)
- Google Ads friendly.
- Full internationalization support, both in texts AND in URLs
- Visual aspect is completely customizable via CSS. Three skins are included
- All skins feature "liquid" design that allows albums to preserve their aspect in different resolutions and font sizes.
- Organization of files is completely configurable.
- Compatible with Google Maps. Embeds Google Maps automatically
- Compatible with Michelin Maps . Embeds Michelin Maps automatically
- Automatic thumbnail generation, either on-the-fly or stored as files.
- Define as many thumbnail sizes as you wish, and allow the users to change them on the fly. JPBlog does all the work.
- Limit the resolution of the downloaded photographs.
- Allows you to specify license information for photographs: a single license for the whole collection, a license for a part of it or even per photograph.
- Supports movie clips.
- No proprietary formats. All information is stored in plain XML files
- No databases required.
- Easy installation
- Completely free.
Since I wrote it in about a week, the source code is in Spanish, but if there is enough interest, I can tidy it up a bit and release it under GPL.